*** w72 4/1 197 'They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them' ***
People today can view the creative works. They have at hand the Bible, but it is little read or understood. So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?
What does Jeremiah say about false prophets?
1. Jehovah's true spokesperson serves an eternal God - past present and future! Deut(13:1-5)
2. Despite 'new light' Jeremiah didn't dismiss previous light (Throughout the history of the Watchtower they continually changed their mind and left old light for new and then back again 'blinker theology' (see relativism )
3. God's quarrel with Israel is that they had left OLD LIGHT (Jer2:11-18)
4. Jer 3:6-14 Though she is faithless, HE (GOD) is still the same (v14)
5. Israel trusted 'progressive prophets' (ie Prov 4:18 light shines brighter and brighter.') Syncretistic religion..etc
6. Jer 8:19 Sincerely felt Jehovah among them but committed 'folly' confusing NEW LIGHT with REVELATION
IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"
These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet?... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record.
Christ says we will render account for what we say. If we 'prophecy; and it fails (ie 1975 etc) then we will have to own up to it. God's prophets were 100% accurate all the time. A prophet with a 99% accuracy rate was(is) a false prophet! According to the Watchtower Tract they 'Watchtower' is a prophetic voice. If so it might be time to listen to Jeremiah. When a person acts presumptuously toward God he is showing disrespect for Jehovah's sovereignty and Godship. Those claiming to be his servants and misrepresenting him are most reprehensible. Of the false prophets, Jehovah said: "The prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak . . . that prophet must die. . . . When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, . . . with presumptuousness the prophet spoke it."-Deut 18:20-22. God has some very stern words for false prophets!!
The Watchtower stands out among other 'religious groups' as proclaiming consistent 'error prone' prophecies. This should tell you something about the organization. If the dates weren't correct a hundred years ago, and they were not correct in 1975 it sure does not sound like they are a reasonable, reliable religious organization to be trusted to lead and teach you about eternity.