|What is A Prophet of God? The Test:||Armageddon in 1941|
|Christ's Return: 1873 or 1874?||Armageddon in 1957: Pastor Puts Armageddon in Disrepute|
|Armageddon in 1914||Armageddon in 1975|
|God Will Destroy The Churches in 1918||Watchtower Convicts Itself|
|Promised Return of Abraham Isaac and Jacob in 1925||What Does The Bible Say About False Prophets?|
|A Lesson Learned?||Questions|
|"The Watch Tower" (4/1/1919) P. 6414|
"Is not the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society the one and only channel which the Lord has used in dispensing his truth continually since the beginning of the harvest period?"
1. One who speaks in the name of the Lord about something that will come true Dt. 18:22
a) A prophet will not mix truth with falsehood Jer 23:21-29
2. A genuine prophet serves the living God Deut 13:1-5
3. Old truth is never dismissed in light of new truth (God's Word is unchanging, and he does not contradict himself) Jer 23:21-29 , Jn 14:26
4. Does the prophecy made by the prophet come to pass?
Return: 1873 or 1874?
but then again...
"The Watch Tower" (7/15/1894) P. 1677
* Below note the change from 'these are God's dates' to 'we are not confident.....'
"The Watch Tower" (1/1/1914) P. 5373
*The Watchtower now totally denies the date setting
"The Watch Tower" (11/1/1914) P. 5565
Summary of 1914 Date
1914 "The battle of the great day of God Almighty' which will end
in A.D.1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present ruler ship. is
already commenced"(Studies In Scriptures vol 3 p 153)
Destroy The Churches in 1918
"The Watch Tower" (10/1/1917) P. 6149
Return of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob in 1925
Millions Now Living Will Never Die, page 89, 1918
Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, p.97
"The Watch Tower" (7/15/1922) P. 217
Consider for yourself whether the chronology of the Watchtower is from God or from the follies of man!
The Watchtower 9/1/1922, page 262.
The Watchtower, page 106 4/1/23.
|A Lesson Learned?|
Vindication, page 338. 1931
"There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time... and they also learned to quit fixing dates."
The Watchtower, Sept 15,1941 p.288
"Receiving the gift, the marching children clasp it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon"
in 1957: Pastor Puts Armageddon in Disrepute|
Watchtower, Oct. 15, 1958, p. 613
"Sometime between April 16 and 23, 1957, Armageddon will sweep the world! Millions of persons will perish in its flames and the land will be scorched.' So prophesied a certain California pastor, Mihran Ask, in January 1957. Such false prophets tend to put the subject of Armageddon in disrepute."
The WatchTower, 8/15/68, p. 499
"According to this trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E." "It would not be by mere chance or accident but would be according to the loving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ, the "Lord of the sabbath," to run parallel with the seventh millennium of man's existence." "Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides the the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ. . . . It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years."
Watchtower Convicts Itself !
If these prophecies have not been fulfilled, and if all possibility of fulfillment is past, then these prophets are proven false. Prophecy, p22 (1)
1. How long will this continue in the hearts of these lying prophets, who prophecy the delusions of their own minds? Jer 23:26
2. You may say to yourselves"How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?" If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him. Dt 18:21-22
3. Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Matt 7:15-20
Question: Do you agree with the Bible that if a prophet speaks 'In the name of the Lord' and it does not come to pass that you should not listen to such a person? Dt 18:22
Question: Do you agree with the Watchtower that if prophecy is not fulfilled then they are proven false(and should not be listened too)?
(1) Rhodes, Ron. Reasoning From The Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses: Harvest House Publishers 1993
* Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry J. Slick, B.A., M. Div. welcomes your comments via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org